Wednesday, February 29, 2012

You Can't Tell Me NO

It's true, telling me "no" only makes me that more determined to do so. Ask my parents or husband, If I can't get my way then I'll bribe you until I get close. So when they told me at school that I couldn't recreate my best haircut, I said "watch and learn turds". So Tuesday I did the haircut, and Wednesday I had to re-do it. Well you see Tuesday I got a little excited, and once again I cut my pointer finger. It was a deep one, one that I couldn't just hide in the persons hair.Wednesday rolled around and I got my client. The pressure was on, I needed to recreate my latest "cut". After a thorough consultation, a long scalp massage and wash, I took that drenched hair and started chopping away. Eight minutes into the cut I did it, I recreated my last cut. Once again I had blood dripping from my pointer finger, I re-cut yesterdays "cut". DONE-ZO! Easy peasy, I wasn't even trying to get the cut exactly, but I did. So basically it's like, you can't tell me no.
Just a few of the scars: (two on middle finger by knuckle, one in middle of fingers, THE TWO under my pointer finger knuckle, and one on the right side of my pointer finger knuckle...plus more that have faded.)
The two big cuts :)
Other than all of my battle wounds, school is great. I am trying my hardest to get ahead and graduate before this little mini me pops out. Every month we have a grid of 60 things to get passed off, as of yesterday, I got my May grid! I was the first one to get it, but there are two others who are close behind. Pretty much everyone else just goes month to month, but I thrive off of being ahead. I also have 915 hours, 75 hours away from being half way done with school! Starting next week I will go to two nights of night school so I can graduate in time. In school we just finished a Hunger Games competition, where we had to recreate a character from the books. My model was Hayley Hucks, we met back at Rocklin High, but school brought us both to Utah. I did her up as a Capitol person.
I've also been working on my portfolio. I have been taking a lot of before and after pictures. I think Elise said for me to NEVER use this picture, but I can't remember.... ;) Here is her before and after.
(keep in mind I needed her to look like death for the before, she is much prettier in person! The after is with hair curled, make-up done, by me, and a new wedding dress, all for her friends photo shoot.)
Today I did a color and cut on a lady who was awesome. She had ethnic hair that was about 4 inches past her shoulders and when it came time to cut it, she told me I could do whatever. It was so much fun! Since she had horrid split ends, I cut almost 3 inches off, then gave her short shaggy layers, and cute little bangs. I also sold her product and she gave me a $10 tip! She was the best client, and it was my first time doing ethnic hair. I tried to just corn row it all and skip the cut, but as a professional sales woman she wasn't feelin' it. She told me, with her new style she felt young and pretty again and wanted to take her husband on a date tonight!! That's why I do hair, even if I have to recreate a cut. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment