Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Just Call Me Kaitlin

First of all...HAHAHA, let's all admit that's a clever title. (mom, calm down....it's not like Kaitlin will be reading this).
So I have this sister, she is 12, loud, annoying, funny, beautiful, weird, smart, and she is the center of our family. Her name is Kaitlin. She has Cerebral Palsy, but we all think she is faking it so she gets out of chores and using the toilet. Kaitlin is the best person to talk to, she will never talk back, she will never tell your secrets, and as long as you yell, she will always laugh at your jokes. She can take a punch, a prank, and she can down a whole casserole. She can't run, talk, read, or pick out her outfits, and she definitely won't be joining any spelling bee's. However, in my eyes, she is beyond perfect. I love the way she laughs at nothing, I love her smile, I love that music and Disney movies are all she needs, I love that she gets to wear sweats and sweat shirts all day, I love that every day she grows and surprises us all. I love the silly boy hair cut I gave her, I love how she demands a piggy back ride down the stairs, I love that she has us all wrapped around her finger (it's something i'm still working on with our family). Basically, I love Kaitlin. When trouble is near, Kaitlin brings the family together. With all of that said, she is still handicapped. Sometimes I wonder how much of this was passed through the generations before it hit her. I'm pretty sure Kaitlin and I are on the same level when it comes to math and spelling, maybe a few other things. I'm not putting myself down, because I love who I am, and how my life is going, but let's just think about this...
-I have the attention span of a dog who just saw a squirrel
-Common sense is lacking
-I can't spell
-And I have a tendency to say some silly things

Like when I biffed it on the tread mill yesterday, walking two miles per hour. Or when I read an ad on my phone that said "Buy a Car With Bad Credit" and I thought, who wants a car with bad credit? Then I realized people are the ones with bad credit. It's fine....I figured it out and laughed about it later. How about when Frank and I played Catch Phrase, he said "they do this on wall street" I said "make journals". Or how about tonight when I told Frank that the background of this blog is dragonflies. So pretty much, although I can put my own clothes on, eat my own food, and drive, you can just call me Kaitlin.

1 comment: