Saturday, February 11, 2012

21 Years Young

A lot has changed in the past few days. With my 21st birthday just around the corner I realized things were changing. I grew up a raspy voice kid, a weirdo, very dependent and a mooch. I've traveled a lot of the world, I've attending many schools trying to find myself, I have my temple marriage and my prince charming, I'm in beauty school, and now I am 10 weeks pregnant. I not only LOVE change, but I embrace it. I'm the type to pack up and move across the country in a seconds notice. I can't stand having the same look for more than a few months. I hate animals, especially my families prize possession, Diesel, who ate my cat. I wish I could quit In-N-Out so I can paint my nails, and dye my hair fun colors.
Life comes with a lot of restrictions, but I've always lived life my own way. My mom and husband can attest to the fact that I think rules and laws apply to everyone but me. So now with a new chapter of my life, I am weirdly handling things well. It was a shock/exciting finding out I was pregnant, and we saw it coming but it was a harsh reality when Frank got laid off. Life is a puzzle, and when I put it all together I need a new me. So yesterday I got a fresh look, a spray tan and a new hair color, dark red. For the first time I was called a red-head! I've had more complements in the past two days then I have in years. I feel great with who I am, and where I am in life. I am so happy to have my little baby on the way and my amazing husband.

My pregnancy is going well so far. Last week was my roughest week, I threw up twice at school. Nothing like tasting your breakfast twice! My nausea is pretty much gone, which I love. I don't really crave things, I just see something yummy and I want it immediately. One night at home, Megan and I ate bacon, pickles, and pancakes for dinner = delicious! Megan needs to come live with me because it was so nice having her help. Frank thinks I'm just lazy (maybe I am, maybe I am not), and sometimes I can hardly get him to bring me a glass of water. There are husbands out there with no legs or arms, who would roll around to bring their pregnant wives water. I think being an only child makes things hard for him when it comes to understanding being pregnant, and what to do with kids. He never saw his mom go through a pregnancy and he never had a brother or sister to grow up with. (I think Frank got a sneak peak of my blog because he just poured me a glass of water.) Don't get me wrong, Frank does a TON around here, I just secretly wish he would do everything so I can sleep until September. He thinks it's making me a better person and stronger when I do things for myself. I think after being at school from 8-5 and work from 6-11pm I should do nothing. So I guess this is new for the both of us, and I can't wait to see what life has in store for us.

Here are some pics of my belly and my new hair color :)










PS: My b-day is Feb. 19th, I will accept cash, checks and presents through the mail. :)

1 comment:

  1. Your raspy voice was adorable. Your hair is cute and so is your belly. I can say that being an only child is great. My next husband will also be an only child. Lol. At least you don't have to deal with any crazy siblings of his even if he won't wait on you like you would like. :)
    Sorry about his job, bad timing for sure.
    -kris

    ReplyDelete