Monday, February 6, 2012

My Little Dragon Baby

And by "my" I guess I mean "our" little dragon baby. We call it dragon baby because Gail, Frank's mom, pointed out that it will be born in the year of the dragon. So far I am one of the lucky ones (knock on wood), I do not get morning sickness. I just get nauseous throughout the day. I noticed if I snack often I feel better, or when I get nauseous I hurry and eat, better to come out one end then the other. The past few days my body has been swollen, I look like Violet off Willy Wonka and The Chocolate Factory after she blows up like a blueberry. I try to put my feet up and drink lots of water but I have days where I am in school from 8:30am-5pm then I work 6pm-12am. By the time I get home I have no ankles, and I can't even twist the rings on my fingers. So basically, I look and feel awesome. What a "joy" it is to not be able to button your work pants, so you just tighten your belt, to have your socks leave indents on what used to be an ankle, and have everyone stare at you like "is she pregnant or just fat?" People, people, people....I mean honestly, I'm still not seeing the joys of pregnancy. I just want to not look awkwardly fat, and to feel my dragon baby. It still seems so weird and unreal that there is a little one-inch baby growing inside of me. If I could have an ultra sound daily I might be more convinced, but once a month...idk. Of course I've always known where babies come from, but when you're the one carrying it's just straight up goofy. Maybe I just need to hurry up and get proof that it's the little girl I want, buy cute little baby stuff, then I will be convinced. If it's a boy, I will be just as excited, I just might want to pretend for a week or so and put cute bows on his head and those adorable ballerina socks on him. It will defiantly be done while Frank is at work of course, but I won't go over board and make a photo shoot out of it, although....jk. I don't want my son to grow up and see pictures of a goofy looking girl, then instead of admitting I put him in girl clothes, I would have to tell him he had a sister who died. Anyways, I digress...I found out if I go to night school twice a week I can graduate in July. If I go once a week I can graduate the first week of August, otherwise I pretty much won't graduate in time. It's very hard for me to be at school from 8:30am-10pm, it gets super boring if you don't get a single client. So I am trying my best, luckily for me I have an amazing friend Jo who has a one year old girl and is a stay at home mom. She has offered to watch my baby while I am at school, if it comes down to it. There is a girl at my school who had to go on bed rest and now that she has had her baby, she has to come back and finish three weeks of school so she can graduate. I'm crossing my fingers that that is not going to be me!  
With all of that said, here is our first picture of our cute little dragon baby. It looks more like a tadpole right now with it's body on the left and it stretching it's two legs out.

No comments:

Post a Comment