Thursday, May 17, 2012

Peg-Legs

I am officially 25 weeks pregnant (5 1/2 months). With that comes my gorgeous new zebra stripe belly, a few more pounds, a belly button that is about to bulge out, and some sexy peg-legs. Frank gave me the nick name of Peg-Leg considering there is no size difference from my thighs to my big toe. I'm going to the doctors on Monday to get some compression socks. YUM.

Another beautiful nick name he gave me is Polly Piss Pants. Ya see, sometimes when you are born with a small bladder, then you add a human pushing on that small bladder 24/7, you end up peeing when you sneeze while laying on the couch. My one couch cushion has currently taken 4 hits. You can imagine how embarrassing the first time was, and surprisingly it doesn't get any easier telling your husband you have once again peed the couch. The first time went kinda like this:

Frank and I were watching TV on the couch together after dinner one night. I sneezed, but noticed nothing so I remained laying on the couch. When I got up a few minutes later, I saw a weird wet spot, then I realized I had a matching one on my pants. There was no way I was going to tell Frank, so I changed and tried to slowly and slyly clean it up. I walked to the couch with paper towels in my hand and Frank asked "What are you doing? Whats in your hand?" I looked at him like a deer in head lights and replied "Hmm? What? Oh, nothing, just going to clean up dinner. I was just going to set these paper towels on the couch real quick while I take our plates to the sink." Frank then asked "Why are you being weird? What did you do?" I said "Nothing, just watch TV and leave me alone." Well when I tried to put the paper towels down he quickly reached over and moved the blanket, revealing my pee stain. "YOU PEED EVERYWHERE!!" I told him I was trying to clean it up but I was so embarrassed and I didn't want him to know about it. I then cried in the bathroom because I was embarrassed to be a 21 year old peeing the couch. Frank came in and told me it was all ok and we can just clean it up and move on. He made me feel a lot better about the situation. Now my pee incidents are as common as an accidental snort when you laugh. It's all good as long as I don't cough and accidentally take a dump on the couch.

Frank and I are home bodies, we really don't go out much. Granted it's hard to go out when we are both working 50 plus hours a week. So last week when we got invited to a club for a birthday party, he decided to live it up and go. We started getting really excited about finally going out and having a date night. I got my hair and make up done, and I even went out and got a spray tan, which turned out to look terrible. When the day approached we almost had to call it a night at 8pm because we were already so tired. We went out to Rubio's for delicious burritos, then Outback for cheese cake and Ice cream, then around 10:30 we got to the club. We had a blast dancing, playing pool, throwing darts, watching karaoke, and people watching. We stayed out until 1am, came home and crashed until 12pm the next day. We pretty much slept off and on that next day, so I think it's safe to say I'm too pregnant for clubbing. It was worth it though, we had a fun night out with friends.
 We only have 3 1/2 months until I graduate beauty school and have Madison. So now is the time for us to live it up while we can. The only time i'll be staying up after that is because Madison will be needing attention all night long.  YAY for motherhood!

Frank And I At The Club
24 Weeks


No comments:

Post a Comment