Friday, April 27, 2012

California

So I just spent an amazing week in California. Elise and I had a fun 9 hour drive from Orem to Sacramento. We got pulled over in SLC, but I can't remember if we got a ticket or not....We ate delish snacks and enjoyed the lovely dirt/mountain scenery. Knowing me, you know I can't go on an adventure without writing a rap about it, or for the event. So Elise and I spent a good hour writing a killer rap for GG's 90th bday. We had a blast writing it and reminiscing in the good times, you know, all 300 years we have spent with her. The rap turned out to be a big hit after we recorded it in Devin (Trip-D's) "studio".
DEVIN'S "STUDIO"
ME RECORDING
ELISE RECORDING
GANGSTA GG
For Easter all of our family got together for family pictures, an easter egg hunt, games, and to celebrate GG's 90th bday. It was her wish to have 90 red balloons let go into the sky.
THIS IS THE FAMILY, MINUS A FEW
I WAS HIDING IN THE BACK BECAUSE I WAS EATING A BAG OF CHIPS
90 RED BALLOONS
Along with a fun Easter, I had a fun daddy daughter day with Mike. We did the usual, crush children's dreams by winning all the tickets at Wheel Of Fortune. Once a tear is shed, we give the tickets away to kids. Then we take it slow and only few 200-500 tickets, we can't leave empty handed. We left with 16 fireballs, a giant comb, and some delicious sour straws. We also went to the mall and Mike got a Raiders hat. Then it was girl time, which equals PEDICURES. I lost my big toe nails a few years ago to some gnarly ingrown toe nails. So you can imagine, pedicures aren't my favorite. It's hard to go some where and ask someone to touch, massage, and paint a foot that has two down syndrome looking nubs. But being pregnant, the foot massage and leg rub was heavenly.
PEDICURES
Although it was so nice to spend time with family and friends, the high light of my week was my baby shower. Aubry and my mommy spent so much time and effort into my shower. It was so cute, fun, and such a blessing to share my pregnancy with my family. I am so thankful for all the gifts I got for my baby girl Madison. Thanks to everyone she is going to be a healthy, happy, cute little girl. 
CLOTHES LINE

GIFTS
MY BEST FRIEND BECKY
ADORABLE CUPCAKES
Thanks again for the amazing baby shower and all the cute gifts. It means the world to Frank, Madison, and I. When I got home I saw that Frank had erased my message and wrote on our "LOVE NOTES" white board. He is so cute, I know he will be an amazing father. We are both so excited to have Madison in our lives. 
A NOTE FROM DADDY




The only way to end a great week, is to top it off by something AMAZING. What might that be...? Megan introduced me to a life changing meal at McDonalds. It's life changing because one, it taste delicious, two, it gives you killer heart burn, and three, it's the fastest way to a go up a pant size. This greatness is called the McGang Bang...I didn't know why until I felt like my heart was being gang banged. You take a McDouble, split it in half, and put a whole McChicken in the middle. YUMS. I'll admit this whole gang bang thing only lasted 2 weeks, now I'm trying to go healthier. lol. So what I'm saying is, I just eat them separate. jk.
MCGANGBANG



Basically I had a blast in California. I am happy to be home though, I missed my cute husband very much. Unfortunately with school from 8:30-5:00, then work from 6-10pm five nights a week, Frank and I only have two hours a night together, give or take. Now, I apparently sound like a chain saw at night. I snore and have a hard time breathing, considering I have a person attached to me, so Frank sleeps on the couch. I hate sleeping alone, but really it's a win win. He gets a good nights rest and I get the bed to myself. 
Other then a very busy schedule, life is good. Frank has officially applied for Grad school at BYU.  We are just waiting now to see if he gets in, fingers crossed!

2 comments:

  1. Loved having you here. So glad you could make it. We really missed Frank, though. It was amazing that so many of us were here. GG loved it all ... especially the rap! Love the 3 of you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wish I got to spend more time with you when you were here but It was good to see you so happy! Love ya and can't wait to meet Madison! Love, Aunt Sa

    ReplyDelete